The test kit assesses genes associated with how you respond to seven specific dietary components: vitamin C, folate, whole grains, omega-3 fats, saturated fat, sodium, and caffeine. A separate test, called NGx-Gluten, indicates your risk of gluten intolerance. The collection process is simple and non invasive.
The testing process involves the follow:
- Initial nutrition assessment with a Definitions Registered Dietitian to determine your current eating habits as well as any nutrition or health goals you may have
- Saliva sample collection (during the initial assessment).
- Saliva sample is delivered to our lab for analysis.
- Second nutrition assessment is booked to discuss personalized nutrition advice based on the test findings.
- Follow-up nutrition assessment as needed to discuss your progress and offer additional advice and support.